Blog - sprouts
My recipe for spicy mustard and balsamic vinaigrette sprouts:
- put 1/4 cup lentils in a pickle jar and let soak for a few hours.
- rinse them once or twice daily until they’ve sprouted to taste. lentils only take a few days. rubberband a papertowel over the top to keep bacteria out. keep on kitchen counter or somewhere that gets a mild bit of light. doesn’t need direct.
The following ingredients will fill a 16 fl oz pickle jar with sprouts:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons trader joes Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce (can substitute with dijon or spicy mustard)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- a splash of soy
- minced cilantro
- one minced onion, I put all the other ingredients in first then pack as much onion as the jar will take to top it off.
Can enjoy immediately or keep jarred in fridge. Don’t know the shelf life because I eat it too quickly!
EECS Senior Design at UCF 2012
A pitch-to-MIDI converter
A modular OSC controller
A debugging and interaction tool for the Expandome, SenseBox and uWave theremin
A tasty treatise between English and American IPA's, this is our Roanoke's Lost Pale Ale recipe